I love my Keurig, but coffee filters are an item I still keep in my cabinet. They have a ton of uses and are super cheap! Here are some of my favorites!
1. Clean your eyeglasses – no need for expensive cleaners or cloths, just grab a coffee filter and a few drops of water – your glasses will be lint free and clean in no time! You can also safely use coffee filters to clean your computer screen, cell phone, or other small electronic devices as well as windows and chrome! NO LINT!
2. Cover your bowl in the microwave – no more splatters – the top of your bowl is covered and it is way cheaper than a paper towel and less tricky to pick up than putting a plate on top of your bowl.
3. Make your own air freshener – put some baking soda inside of a coffee filter, tie it off and put it where needed (near cat litter box, in with your shoes, the sky’s the limit!)
4. Spread oils/shortening/butter – coffee filters are great for spreading these around and the filter’s fibers won’t break off like a napkin’s would.
5. Pet pooper scoopers – pick it up and toss it in the trash – no need for plastic baggies that are bad for the environment!
6. Protect your china – lay a filter between each plate to protect from nicks and scratches.
7. Make tea – use loose tea in your automatic coffee pot to make tea, use coffee filters to make tea bags, or to make herbal tea (put herbs inside of coffee filter and tie them off to make your own herbal tea).
8. Nail polish remover – coffee filters work as well as cotton balls.
9. Hold small items – whether you are putting together furniture, working on your car or working on a craft with small parts – put those in a coffee filter to keep them from getting lost.
10. Keep Cast Iron pans from rusting – Place inside of cast iron skillet to absorb moisture.